Energy saving competition – We announce the winners
Your best energy saving tips! #EnergySavvy
As promised, here are the winners of our #EnergySavvy competition.
3rd Place goes to…
…@jazpursey_ryder for her energy saving plugs that make sure her gadgets never waste energy on standby.
2nd place goes to…
…@parkysan for his shower reducer – this helpful gadget helps you keep your water consumption low while you shower.
1st place (deep breath) goes to the wonderful…
…@nicolagfriend for her brother’s amazing energy generating bike!
If you’re one of the lucky winners send us a DM and we’ll get your vouchers to you.
Do you have an innovative way to reduce energy use in your home? Are you cutting gas and electricity bills using your own top-secret technique?
If so, tell us about it and you could win a £50 voucher to spend at your favourite high street shops!
Examples could include only taking cold showers, installing solar panels or even using your dog as a draught excluder!
How to enter
To enter, follow @uSwitchUK and tweet your best energy saving tip using the #EnergySavvy hashtag and we’ll pick the best three.
The first, second and third best tips will receive £50, £30 and £20 of vouchers in that order.
Be sure to follow @uSwitchUK and include the #EnergySavvy hashtag in your tweet to be eligible to win.
Remember we’re looking to reward the most original and creative ideas out there – photos welcome!
The competition ends at midnight on Friday 7th of February. Terms and Conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition will run from Friday January 31st 2014 to Friday January 7th 2014 on Twitter.
2. Closing time for entries is 11.59pm on Friday February 7th 2014.
3. Entry to the competition is free. No purchase necessary.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must tweet an energy-saving tip/idea using the #EnergySavvy hashtag and follow @uSwitchUK on Twitter.
5. The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of uSwitch.com, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third-party promotional partners.
8. There will be 3 (three) Prize draws for 3 (three) Prize items. Multiple entries are allowed to submit more than one energy saving tip/idea, but only one valid entry per person will be eligible for a Prize.
9. Each Prize will be awarded to the best energy saving tip/idea picked by uSwitch energy editors. Winners will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept their Prizes and supply uSwitch their contact details (address and telephone number in a timely manner as set out and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. Winners must follow @uSwitchUK on Twitter at the time entries are picked to ensure they are able receive a direct message from us.
6. The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash and unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. The winner will be formally notified via a direct message to the winning Twitter username address within 3 (three) days of the close of the competition. The winner has 5 (five) working days to confirm acceptance of their prize by email, otherwise uSwitch reserves the right to redraw the prize.
11. If a Winner cannot be contacted or is not responsive, uSwitch reserves the right to draw another Winner from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
11. The Winner will be announced in a tweet on the @uSwitchUK Twitter account once they have confirmed their acceptance of the prize within the stated time.
12. The Prize will be distributed to the winner by uSwitch.com via Royal Mail.
13. uSwitch will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant\’s ability to participate in the Competition.
15. uSwitch reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering the Prize) if, at its sole discretion, a Competition is not able to be conducted as specified. uSwitch reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
16. The Promoter of the Competition is uSwitch.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed in accordance to English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition.
18. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to uSwitch.com and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for administering of the Competition and if you have agreed to do so, for sending you information about future promotions and offers.