closedownarrowexternal-linklogo-verticalmenu-barsearch Skip to main content
Jump to navigation
AOL Logo

Following BT and Sky with their second quarter results the Carphone Warehouse announced an increase of 126,000 customers over the last three months.

However it is not all rosy as only 40 per cent of their customers are accessing the internet via their Local Loop Unbundling (i.e. their own network) whilst the other 60 percent access the internet through BT Wholesale.

The company makes a loss on such customers however chief executive Charles Dunstone is not too perturbed by the higher number as he is satisfied with the 20,000 customers migrating to the LLU every week.

Mr Dunstone claims the outlook for the company looks good as overall revenue increased by 21.7 per cent and retail sales increasing 13 per cent to £445 million.

Customer demand for both broadband and wireless solutions for the home is still increasing,’ said Mr Dunstone. ‘With the further enhancements to our broadband services that we are planning over the coming months we are excited about the future… Our broadband operations are making good progress, with the levels of sales and migrations giving excellent visibility of future profitability.’

Carphone Warehouse currently own both TalkTalk and AOL, you can view both their packages here at Top 10 Broadband.

Join the conversation

comments powered by Disqus

Stay up to date

  • Google+ Follow uSwitchTech
  • Subscribe to our RSS feed

Latest Comments

  • Angela 6 days ago Complaint over broadband... I have tried to claim my £200 cash back over the past 9 months which I have never received or had any...
  • Josh Cropper 6 days ago Government scheme gets superfast... 10Mbps by 2020? Careful guys... They're gonna hack super fast dial up into your eyes by 2030 at this...
  • David Longstaff 1 week ago How to fix Sky Q's 'too bright'... Swiping, or clicking, right brings up the last program pop up then pressing back removes it, with no...

Search news