Skip to main content
Jump to navigation

Virgin Media's broadband customers will benefit from faster connection speeds from October 1st, with the provider confirming it is to offer a free upgrade for existing customers.

The move will cover as many as 90% of its customer base by the end of the year, with the remaining 10% of broadband subscribers set to benefit in early 2016.

The exact speeds on offer as a result of the upgrade are not yet clear, with Virgin Media having not responded to uSwitch's request for comment at the time of writing.

However, the company has confirmed it is to write to customers within each area of the network as and when it is upgraded. Customers will then have the opportunity to either accept the faster speeds or, bizarrely, can opt to remain on their current connection speed.

All customers will need to do to accept the upgrade is to log on to their online account and confirm. If they decide to stay on their current speed, they can still choose to take up the upgrade at any time before the completion of the programme in 2016.

Join the conversation

comments powered by Disqus

Stay up to date

  • Google+ Follow uSwitchTech
  • Subscribe to our RSS feed

Latest Comments

Search news