With a name that stretches back almost 300 years, many people choose AXA for their car insurance needs because they have built trust over such a long period of time. In the UK, AXA has more than ten million customers in what they classify as ‘five specialist divisions.’
Over the past few years, AXA has won a number of awards and the company is proud of the trust consumers have placed in them. In 2015, the company came in 19 of 25 of The Best Big Companies as posted in the Sunday Times. AXA works diligently to provide for the insurance needs of customers whilst being one of the best employers to work for in the UK.
AXA has two main types of car insurance cover which are AXA Third Party Fire & Theft and AXA Comprehensive. Both Third Party and Comprehensive cover:
- Damage to the other person’s property or vehicle
- Injury to others
- When your car is damaged or a total loss by fire, replacement or repair
- Repair/replacement of your vehicle if damaged by theft or stolen
- Child car seats replaced if damaged by fire or stolen
- 24 hour claims support
These are standard on both types of cover. As is typical of comprehensive insurance, AXA offers a wider range of comprehensive cover that includes:
- Repair/replacement of insured vehicle even in at-fault accidents
- Child car seats replaced if car is in an accident
- Personal accident cover
- Cover for adding incorrect fuel
- Uninsured driver promise
One of the features which appeals to many drivers is the uninsured driver promise. If the AXA insured driver is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver and can provide the make of the other vehicle, the model along with the registration number, the no claims discount will be reinstated along with any excess paid. When it comes to replacement of the vehicle, the condition is that the car is not driveable due to the covered accident it was involved in.