Compare car insurance quotes for your BMW Z Series car with uSwitch
The BMW Z Series are BMW’s flagship sports performance models. Originally released as the Z3 and later updated to the Z4, the BMW Z Series are famed for their power and handling, providing a true sports car experience.
BMW Z Series models
Both the BMW Z3 and the BMW Z4 are available as a coupe and a convertible roadster. With its roof down, the BMW Z4 Roadster is widely considered the most exciting drive BMW has produced to date.
BMW Z Series engines and fuel consumption
High performance cars such as the BMW Z Series might be expected to be thirsty for fuel, and the BMW Z series will rarely deliver more than 30 miles to the gallon. 20 miles per gallon is more typical if these cars are driven hard.
- petrol engines: from 1.9 to 3.2L
Euro NCAP safety ratings
The only BMW Z series model tested has been the BMW Z4. Tested with its roof down, the BMW Z4 still scored well.
- adult: 4/5
- child: N/A
- pedestrian: 2/4
BMW Z Series facts
- James Bond drove a BMW Z3 in the film Goldeneye.
- The BMW Z4 Coupe won Top Gear’s Best Sports Car award in 2006.
- Bmw 1 Series Learn more about insuring the 1 Series Bmw
- Bmw 5 Series Learn more about insuring the 5 Series Bmw
- Bmw 7 Series Learn more about insuring the 7 Series Bmw