Compare car insurance on the Mercedes E Class range with uSwitch
The Mercedes E class is a best selling mid size executive car. With the Mercedes heritage of high performance engines and luxury levels of comfort and refinement, the Mercedes E Class is considered to be the best all round car in its class.
Mercedes E Class models
Offered with a huge choice of engines and trim levels, the Mercedes E Class is available as both a saloon and an estate. All Mercedes E Class models offer superb quality. The Mercedes E class AMG being the range-topping sports version.
Mercedes E Class engines and fuel consumption
The Mercedes E Class offers a wide choice of engines. Both performance and economy depend on which model you choose. The sportier Mercedes E Class engines will return around 20 miles per gallon but a Mercedes E Class diesel can be up to twice as efficient.
- petrol engines: from 1.8 to 6.2L
- diesel engines: from 2.1 to 3.2L
Mercedes E Class Euro NCAP safety ratings
The 5th generation Mercedes E class was built with safety in mind and was awarded the full five star rating for adult safety.
- adult: 5/5
- child: N/A
- pedestrian: 1/4
Mercedes E class facts
- The Brabus E V12, based on the Mercedes E Class, held the world record for being the world’s fastest 4 door saloon.
- The power of the Mercedes E Class engines won the model the award of “Towcar of the year” in 2006.
- Mercedes S Class Learn more about insuring the S Class Mercedes
- Mercedes Slk Learn more about insuring the Slk Mercedes
- Mercedes C Class Learn more about insuring the C Class Mercedes