Compare car insurance for your Renault Megane with uSwitch
Launched in 1995, the Renault Megane is a family-sized car available in a variety of shapes and configurations. The second-generation Renault Megane is best known for its protruding rear end. The Renault Megane has received praise from critics for its versatility and engine quality.
Renault Megane models
You’ll be spoilt for choice with the Renault Megane. Available as a saloon, hatchback, convertible, coupe and the Renault Megane Tourer estate, there is a model to suit every need as well as a vast choice of trim levels.
Renault Megane engines and fuel consumption
Renault Megane economy varies wildly depending on engine size. There could be as much as 30 miles per gallon difference in fuel economy between models. The Renault Megane 1.5Dci is the most economical.
- petrol engines: from 1.4 to 2.0L
- diesel engines: from 1.5 to 2.0L
Euro NCAP safety ratings
The Mk 2 Renault Megane received strong praise for passenger safety and was the first small family car to achieve 5 stars.
- adult: 5/5
- child: N/A
- pedestrian: 2/4
Renault Megane facts
- A 2006 Renault Megane advert was investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority after members of the public complained about a lyric in the accompanying song.
- The Renault Megane was used as a basis for the Renault Scenic MPV.
- Renault Scenic Learn more about insuring the Renault Scenic
- Renault Twingo Learn more about insuring the Twingo
- Renault Clio Learn more about insuring the Renault Clio