First released in 1974 the VW Golf has become Volkswagen’s best selling model and one of the world’s bestselling cars
The Volkswagen Golf has become a classic compact family car over its 40-year history. The latest Volkswagen Golf is well built and refined while older models are still sought after by enthusiasts. Find a cheap car insurance quote for your Volkswagen Golf on uSwitch.
Volkswagen Golf models
The Volkswagen Golf has been available in many different shapes, including saloon, estate and cabriolet. The current Volkswagen Golf is available as a 3-door or 5-door hatchback while the Volkswagen Golf GT offers good sports performance.
Volkswagen Golf engines and fuel consumption
The Volkswagen Golf offers various different balances of performance and economy. A sporty petrol engine may deliver 25 miles per gallon, while an economical diesel will deliver 50 miles per gallon,
- petrol engines: from 1.4 to 3.2L
- diesel engines: from 1.9 to 2.0L
Volkswagen Golf Euro NCAP and safety ratings
The current Volkswagen Golf scored highly in all tests and was commended for its pedestrian safety score.
- adult: 5/5
- child: 4/5
- pedestrian: 3/4
Volkswagen Golf facts
- Over 30 million Volkswagen Golfs have been built since the car was first released.
- Volkswagen Passat Learn more about insuring the Passat
- Volkswagen Touran Learn more about insuring the Touran
- Car insurance For Your Volkswagen Learn more about insuring your Volkswagen