Chris Huhne is expected to detail key changes in the energy industry which could affect prices, competition and the powers of energy regulator Ofgem.
Watch this space for a live update of his speech, and don’t forget to follow uSwitch on Twitter for comment and analysis.
- Huhne says ‘We will hold course to be the greenest government ever,’ he adds that ‘cutting carbon is not a luxury’.
- There are now a million jobs in the low-carbon economy.
- Every single Liberal Democrat council has signed up to pioneer the Green Deal.
- global factors are causing fuel prices to rise – low-carbon energy gives us security.
- Huhne says that customers will be financially better off in 2020 thanks to low-carbon policies.
- Ofgem will get new powers to help customers and the energy companies won’t be able to block Ofgem.