Stand-out features of the phone include a handy slide-out QWERTY keyboard to make entering large amounts of text easy and an impressively large 3.1 touchscreen display. And that’s not all. Users also benefit from a document viewer that is compatible with all key Microsoft Office packages and built-in access to the Palm app store.
With sales of over 800,000 already in the US, you can bet that initial stocks won’t last too long when the phone launches on the 16th. O2 are generously donating one Palm Pre with an 18-month contract offering 600 minutes of calls and 500 texts per month to the winner of Top10’s Twitter competition.
How to win
To be in with a chance of winning, you’ll need to login to Twitter and send a Tweet containing O2, #Palmpre and @Top10. The winner will be chosen at random and announced on Friday October 23rd. Enter as many times as you want!
Terms and Conditions
• The competition will close at midnight on October 23rd 2009
• The winning contestant will be contacted within 1 working day with details of how to redeem the prize
• The winning contestant will be reimbursed by Top 10 Broadband (Formula Digital Ltd) for the full value of a basic Palm Pre with 18 month contract on O2, in the form of a cheque for £713.57. In order to receive the cheque, the winner will need to purchase a Palm Pre & £34.26 a month (or higher) Contract at an O2 store, and provide us with full proof of purchase – we will then send the cheque within 24 hours of receipt of proof of purchase.
• In order to claim the prize, the winner will need to purchase the new contract subject to any standard credit checks and approval processes as O2 may put in place in the course of any new customer signing up to a mobile phone contract
• The £713.57 is calculated as (£34.26 a month x 18 months) + (£96.89) upfront cost of the phone
• The cheque is a one-off payment, and any further charges incurred by the winner in regard of their O2 contract (e.g. extra minutes / texts / insurance / etc) will be the full responsibility of the winner. No further charges, responsibilities or reimbursements will be offered by Top 10 Broadband beyond the initial cheque
• Any ongoing technical or customer support will be handled by O2 as provided to all their standard contract customers – Top 10 Broadband will not provide any technical or customer support, nor will Top 10 Broadband accept any ongoing responsibility for payment fulfillment, customer enquiries or support going forward
• Entrants must be UK residents and over 18 to be eligible to win