uSwitch's purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces with intuitive and accessible applications that genuinely improve people’s lives. Saving a few hundred pounds a year on bills makes a fundamental difference to vulnerable people who sometimes have to choose between paying for utilities or groceries.
Our platforms serve millions of users a month, process thousands of comparisons a day, and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. We’re a tech-driven business that focuses on agile delivery and cross functional product teams.
We are creating the next generation of comparison platforms, and as we scale we are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences to facilitate switching and comparisons on the web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direction: You’ll be responsible for setting the technical and product direction of your team alongside the product owner
- Leadership: Lead and build a team of engineers around a cross functional product team, mentoring them and helping them grow in their careers
- Technical vision: Evaluate the current state of play; influence on large uSwitch technical direction and set the standard for the product team you’ll be working in
- Growth and culture: We value our company and engineering culture and are continuously looking to evolve it and make it better
- Engineering excellence: Using your technical knowledge and expertise to help build a better uSwitch, and bringing people along with you on that journey
What you might be working on:
- Building the future of the micro front-ends at uSwitch leveraging some of our packages such koa-core, ustyle, and frameworks like Inferno, Redux and GraphQL
- Delivering integrated and accessible full checkout journeys for additional uSwitch products like Credit Cards and Broadband
- Coming up with new and innovative ways to optimise and engage users on our Energy end to end consumer journey
- Working with multiple other teams to help drive consumer personalisation and wider uSwitch initiatives; working in Clojure, Go, Elixir and deploying to Kubernetes
- Creating a personalised experience on the uSwitch homepage and our new “manage my bills product”
- Building performance tooling to continuously improve our TTFB across the site, and optimising for a PWA experience with offline caching and push notifications
We pride ourselves in delivering accessible, performant
, and functional experiences to the consumer, hopefully you do too.