We strive to simplify complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to improve the lives of our users. Across uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products. As a company, we’re looking to help consumers with one of life’s most stressful experiences: getting their finances in order, buying a house, and then setting up broadband, energy, and other utilities after the move!
We believe in being great people to work with: we are passionate about our work, but we think it’s important to help others so the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As the Broadband Editor, you will work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, writers, and commercial people to plan, create, and edit longform broadband and telecoms content that brilliantly meets our users’ needs.
Working with senior stakeholders to understand the business objectives and KPIs, you will lead the production of longform broadband content, as well as developing an effective content strategy and delivery roadmap for broadband.
What you will be doing:
- Using your unique perspective to create consumer-friendly content for communications, mostly focused on broadband but also spanning into TV, across a wide range of formats and channels, including guides, features, social media, email and sponsored content
- Maintaining oversight of the broadband content lifecycle, including planning/developing, writing/editing, distributing/marketing, as well as monitoring/analysing with the help of your team
- Ensuring all content adheres to uSwitch’s brand values and is consistent in terms of style, tone and voice
- Building the uSwitch brand and raising awareness of the consumer benefits of comparing broadband and TV products
- Finding opportunities to increase uSwitch’s communications content exposure to drive additional site traffic and sales in alignment with our SEO and outreach strategy
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of your content to the team and business stakeholders
- Working closely with product executives, developers and designers, as well as in-house PR, marketing, SEO, outreach and social media teams
What we’ll give back to you
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” Macbook Pro (or a Windows laptop, if you prefer)
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family - and parent-friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Referral bonus up to £5K
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding