We strive to simplify some of the most complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to genuinely improve the lives of our users. Across our platforms - uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate - we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills, gadgets, and finance products. And now we’re looking to help consumers with one of life’s most stressful experiences: getting a mortgage, buying a house, and connecting up all their new utilities and devices!
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As the Financial Services Writer, you will work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, and commercial people to create content that brilliantly meets our users’ needs.
Together with the Financial Services Editor, you will be in charge of writing guides and features that help our users learn about navigating the complex environment of financial products, and empower them to make the best choice when choosing the right product for them.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, researching, and writing consumer-friendly guides and features
- Maintaining and updating content so that it’s always accurate and helpful
- Measuring and evaluating the success (or failure!) of the content you produce, and reporting on your findings to the Financial Services Editor and other stakeholders
- Working with the Editor and other stakeholders to plan and deliver content that supports larger campaigns (e.g., Black Friday, debt management, death of the piggy bank)
- Collaborating with the broader Content community across uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate to develop best practices, share successes and failures, and to elevate Content as a discipline across the company
What we’ll give back to you
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” MacBook Pro (or a Windows laptop, if you prefer)
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family- and parent-friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them:
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding