We strive to simplify complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to improve the lives of our users. Across uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products. And now we’re looking to help consumers with one of life’s most stressful experiences: getting all their finances in order, finding a mortgage, and buying a house!
We believe in being great people to work with: we are passionate about our work, but we think it’s important to help others so the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As the Finance Editor, you will work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, writers, and commercial people to plan, create, and edit personal finance content that brilliantly meets our users’ needs.
Working with senior stakeholders to understand the business objectives and KPIs, you will lead the production of all content by your team, ranging from helpful guides to timely news to comparison tables to newsletters.
What you will be doing
- Planning, writing, researching, and editing consumer-friendly guides and features - mostly focused on personal finance (credit cards, current accounts, savings, and loans)
- Ensuring all content produced by your team is compliant, accurate, and fits our brand and tone of voice
- Working with senior stakeholders, researchers, analysts, and SEO to really understand user and business needs - and then creating great content that satisfies them
- Maintaining and updating content so that it’s always accurate and helpful
- Measuring and evaluating the performance of the content you produce, and reporting on your findings to other members of your team and senior stakeholders
- Mentoring and managing other content creators on your team
- Collaborating with the broader Content community across uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate to develop best practices, share successes and failures, and to elevate Content as a discipline across the company
What we'll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” Macbook Pro (or a Windows laptop, if you prefer)
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family- and parent-friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding