At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
About the role:
We need a talented, creative and confident Legal Counsel to join our team. You will work closely with our business teams to push the needle forward as a partner in the deal. We’re looking for someone with strong drafting and negotiating skills, who can apply them independently to support our business teams and create real value.
We’re the best at what we do, and it’s an exciting time to be doing it. This is a fantastic opportunity if you’re looking to take on responsibility early in a rapidly growing business.
- Work with our business teams to draft, negotiate and execute commercial agreements
- Be a trusted legal advisor to our business teams to help establish, evaluate and expand business relationships
- Provide our business with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation
- Advise our business teams on compliance with data protection and e-privacy laws
- Help spot legal issues and identify practical solutions – know how to solve problems and when and how to speak up
- Help establish and manage a framework of policies and guidance to manage legal and commercial issues within our business
The things we look for in you:
- 1.5 – 3 years’ post-qualification experience at a commercial or corporate firm or in-house*
- Qualified to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales (or another common law jurisdiction)
- Proven technical ability to draft complex commercial agreements to tight timescales
- Experience of data protection and intellectual property law is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills – you make the complex simple, concise and digestible
- Meticulous attention to detail, but you have a bias to action and get stuff done
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment and to navigate amid uncertainty
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude – solving the problem is just as important as identifying the risk
* Reference to PQE is a guide only. We welcome applications from candidates with more or less PQE.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding