We strive to simplify some of the most complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to genuinely improve the lives of our users. Across our platforms - uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate - we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products. And now we’re looking to help consumers with one of the most stressful things they are ever likely to do: getting a mortgage and buying a house.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
The role is a core part of a growing finance team that will evolve over the coming years and comes with ample opportunities to develop and have exposure to broader finance functions. The role has come available through an internal promotion, something that is strongly supported by the team.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for revenue reporting in the Communications (Broadband and Mobiles) and Financial Services verticals as well as Payroll, VAT, month end procedures and ad-hoc project work. The role requires strong analytical skills, stakeholder management and the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Production of monthly management accounts including timely ledger posting of month end journals
- Ensure that all variances are understood and deliver insightful commentary
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Liaising with commercial teams to understand reporting issues and risks associated with underlying switching data from the uSwitch site
- Assisting the Commercial Finance team in their analysis and forecasting of Communication / Financial Services revenue
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for Money and uSwitch
- Management and complete ownership of monthly payroll process and year end payroll reporting on P35s, P60s, P11ds, PSA
- Review of bi-monthly payment runs
- Lead and assist with controls and accounting projects
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual and internal audits
- Year End statutory account preparation overview
- Assist in ad hoc projects and initiatives as required by the finance team’s overall roadmap
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS
- Process review and improvement
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment, bonuses, and contribute to both your personal and professional development. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding