uSwitch's purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces that can genuinely improve people’s lives. Saving a few hundred pounds a year on bills makes a fundamental difference to vulnerable people who sometimes have to choose between paying for utilities or groceries.
Millions of our customers are signed up for our accounts and marketing lists, maintaining a rich correspondence as they use our services over the months and years.
Our new Data Services team exists to responsibly surface and understand the patterns and data manifested from these customers. To open the opportunities within this data to our product teams, we need a Data Engineer.
Are you someone who enjoys challenges and could fill this essential role?
- You will fundamentally influence the data pipeline for, and analysis of, customer data used across the organisation.
- With access to rich datasets, across several teams & products, you will gain hands-on experience with ETL and cloud technologies (such as Spark, AWS Athena, and AWS Glue).
- Our community of analysts and data-focused people will push you and your skillset further.
- Leading the process of crafting valuable views and transformations, you will use our near raw customer data and support our analysts to do the same.
- You will work closely with teams to ensure they get access to the right data to answer their questions and power their applications.
- You will become the authority on our customer data - the foundation that supports our lightning-fast analysis and data-driven culture.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at uSwitch even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding