At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
About the Role:
The People team at RVU is tasked with helping our staff to thrive. We aim to ensure each employee fulfils their personal and professional goals while contributing to the ongoing success of the wider business. The People team are closely aligned with the wider business and expected to play an integral part in the delivery of our company objectives.
This role has been created as we continue to grow and place an ever greater focus on high performance and staff development. The position will have a primary focus on Employee Relations, however as a true generalist you will be expected to be versatile and be happy assisting with L&D, HRIS and more general queries as and when necessary. We are a small team, with big intentions, hence this position would suit a passionate, team player with a desire to expand their skillset and the willingness to learn new things. Key responsibilities include:
- Advise, educate and coach managers on a range of employee relations (ER) issues
- Act as the first single point of contact for the HR/People Ops Team, to resolve day to day operational queries
- Manage and consult on all other ER policies and procedures, including disciplinary and grievance, absence and capability measures
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships throughout the business to partner teams from an HR perspective
- Engagement - Make connections between people and the business strategy to create success and allow our culture to thrive
- Identify training and developmental needs of business to help drive the creation and adoption of a Learning & Development Program, building upon the foundations we already have
What we're looking for in you:
In no particular order, here are some key credentials we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience of dealing with ER issues in a fast moving business
- Solid knowledge of HR best practice and employment law
- Familiarity with, or interest in, Learning & Development
- Experience working in a Tech / Digital business is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work in a small team and proactively assist internal teams to anticipate HR issues and take early steps to ensure smooth running of the business
- An ability to deal with change and desire to be part of a rapidly evolving environment, where priorities and focus pivot frequently
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to influence everyone from recent graduates to our Senior Leadership Team
- CIPD qualified would be highly desirable
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding