At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
This role is a great opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to become a key part of a rapidly growing Home Service team.
It is all about taking a more strategic role in growing revenues in our Energy business through the strategic partnerships we have with our partners. Managing the key senior level relationships with our partners but also moving beyond day-to-day energy supplier relationship management activity, while still ensuring that as a team we maintain our status as their first-choice partner to work with.
The main focus of the role will be around delivering the revenue for the energy business unit, leading on the commercial strategy and driving new product developments with our key energy partners.
The key to this role’s success will be the ability to manage the day-to-day partner relationships but also being able to drive the commercial strategy such as setting the business model, new projects and commercial structures.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Involvement on key commercial negotiations with our energy partners
- Understanding the performance of each partnership - including in-depth statistical analysis on consumer behaviour, sales conversion, product performance and market trends, subsequently creating actionable results
- Reporting to partners regularly, including presenting to their senior management teams
- Briefing partner related design and development projects internally, and ensuring timely delivery
- Contribution to commercial strategy for new projects
- Line management of Account Manager
- Responsible for the commercial team delivering best-in-class for partner relationships
- Responsible for overarching partner strategy
- Driving product changes as a result of partner and commercial knowledge and input
- Supporting and leading the energy commercial team as required for partner meetings
- Continue to develop industry knowledge through engagement and attendance at Industry conferences such as Utility Week, Cornwall Insight, BFY etc appropriate.
- Acting as a broadcast media spokesperson (preferable, not compulsory!)
- Work closely with partners and Uswitch inSight team to develop and promote the uptake and use of the industry leading data insight product
- Business development - identifying new opportunities to drive performance and drive revenue with both existing and new partners
We’re looking for an experienced commercial manager with a strong track record in the Energy industry. You will be numbers oriented, focused on the detail but with a strategic mind set and have knowledge of the key performance indicators of the energy marketplace.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous line management experience
- Strong experience in the energy industry, for example, may have worked for an energy supplier
- Financially literate and able to effectively put together sales forecasts, pricing models and input into a P&L
- Fantastic people skills, an excellent communicator
- A very clear understanding of how to deliver first-rate partner service, striving to always deliver beyond expectations
- Commercially astute, ability to drive negotiations with key partners
- A passion for technology & online marketing
- Friendly, personable, open to enjoying a team-oriented social life
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding