Salary: £68,000 - £80,000
Closing date: 01/06/2019
uSwitch’s purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces with intuitive and accessible applications that genuinely improve people’s lives. Saving a few hundred pounds a year on bills makes a fundamental difference to vulnerable people who sometimes have to choose between paying for utilities or groceries.
Our platforms serve millions of users a month, process thousands of comparisons a day, and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. We’re a tech-driven business that focuses on agile delivery and cross functional product teams.
We are creating the next generation of comparison platforms, and as we scale we are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences to facilitate switching and comparisons on the web.
What you might be working on:
- Building the future of the micro front-ends at uSwitch leveraging some of our packages such koa-core, ustyle, and frameworks like Inferno, Redux and GraphQL
- Delivering integrated and accessible full checkout journeys for additional uSwitch products like Credit Cards and Broadband
- Working with multiple other teams to help drive consumer personalisation and wider uSwitch initiatives; working in Clojure, Go, Elixir and deploying to Kubernetes
- Creating a personalised experience on the uSwitch homepage and our new “manage my bills product”
- Building performance tooling to continuously improve our TTFB across the site, and optimising for a PWA experience with offline caching and push notifications
- Creating beautiful dashboard experiences for our B2B products using D3.js and React
We pride ourselves in delivering accessible, performant, and functional experiences to the consumer, hopefully you do too.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at uSwitch even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding