Senior Web Developer - Broadband
Well we don`t like to boast, but our culture is quite unique. We empower intelligent people to make intelligent decisions. We give them the autonomy to experiment and the flexibility to develop ways to provide our customers a simple and personal service. We`re all extremely proud of working here and that shows through the commitment and the passion in everyday life at uSwitch. We don`t believe in hierarchy and we`re not at all corporate. So in a nutshell we`re just what you`re looking for if you want to develop yourself and make a difference.
The uSwitch broadband vertical provides the UK`s leading price comparison product for broadband, TV, and telephony products. Small tightly integrated business team, blending commercial, marketing and product development expertise. We embrace ideas from lean product delivery in the context of an established business that drives significant revenues.
- Seek & attract people who embrace continuous learning. We value talent and commitment to master and push the boundaries of your discipline.
- We don`t put people in boxes, we want everyone to contribute in all areas of the business where they can
- Appreciate people who are curious on how the wider business works and how technology can be applied for competitive advantage
- We give developers problems to solve and the autonomy to implement using appropriate technologies.
- Continuous delivery of value. We don`t do 6 month "projects". We prefer to break problems down into manageable chunks and deliver early and often
- Metrics driven development. Highly visible business metrics owned by everyone and provide real time feedback loop to product & team performance
- Responsibilities over roles, the team owns "project management", "business analysis", "quality assurance"
Your Role with us
This role exists to continue the innovation of our award-winning customer facing comparison platform and internal applications that support the wider business. You will take an active part in an exciting programme of work to shift from a monolithic system, supporting our mobiles and broadband business, towards an ecosystem of microservices written in appropriate technologies.
Areas of work include:
- Continuation of migration to responsive web platform. We saw significant conversion improvements last year and we believe there is still room for improvement
- Customer centric comparison tools and utilities used by millions of customers
- Creation and maintenance of data pipelines (ingestion, storage and aggregation) facilitating the creation of internal reporting tools
- Supporting our existing suite of business-critical applications
Polyglot developer with delivery experience in a variety of different languages. We appreciate that awareness of different paradigms can help us solve problems in novel ways.
Comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing your own time effectively.
Web operations including: automated deployment, server provisioning and monitoring
Track record of improving site conversion through A/B or multivariate testing is highly desirable
uSwitchexist to help people save money on their household bills. We use technology, data, and product development processes to build a better comparison and switching service. Our GitHub:https://github.com/uswitch
Our Current Tech Stack
Services: SQS, Kinesis
Analytics: BigQuery, R, Google Analytics
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Terraform
We`re based in a vibrant area that`s full of history. Built on the site of the old Courage brewery, our "Cooperage" offices are located right next to Tower Bridge on the south side of the Thames.
Our workplace has many great features: free gym, games room, in-house barista and free breakfasts and snacks. These are just part of an extensive wider benefits package that includes a contributory pension, bonus schemes, life assurance and much more.
If this speaks to you then please get in touch. Even better, if you can spare a day or two, come in and pair with us and see what we do!