As the Finance Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for understanding and analysing the performance of the UK`s leading energy comparison service. You will be the primary contact point between the ZPG finance team, which reports to the City, and the energy business unit.
You will be key in developing systems that meet the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders across the business including senior executives. By understanding their requirements, you will develop a long-term vision for the direction of the team and systems responsible for financial reporting.
You will be the key go-to person for questions of data in our financial reporting systems, understanding the value of the insight you can provide. You`ll dig into the data on a regular basis to deliver monitoring, reporting and actionable analytics, which will have direct, positive effects on the energy revenue line.
Strong communication skills and a desire to learn complex domains at a detailed level will be vital to your success. You will be comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of personal freedom and autonomy.
- Be the main point of contact for the ZPG finance team, working to achieve accurate financial reporting for the energy channel.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the requirements of the ZPG finance team and help further develop automated systems to meet these
- Analyse financial performance identifying interesting data trends and change points as well as completing proactive analysis which will inform the long term strategy of the £50 million+ energy business.
- Regularly present performance updates to key stakeholders, highlighting key factors which have influenced financial performance
- Work with our agile development team to improve our reconciliation system. You will help to prioritise tasks and remove barriers to make sure the team achieves the objectives you have helped to set.
- Work with the energy commercial team to inform commercial models and contractual decision making as well as helping them to understand the value of our partners
- Develop a complete and detailed understanding of the reports we receive from energy suppliers.
- Work with the wider team to ensure we receive complete, accurate sales reporting in a timely manner
- Superb communicator, able to explain complex domain specific subjects to a layman, and able to bridge gaps in communication between specialisms
- Strong numerical/analytical background with some experience of data analytics and associated tooling (e.g. SQL, R, etc).
- Inquisitive nature & approach to continually look for improvements. Must be driven to fully explore & understand problems and solve using data
- Autonomous with a passion for learning
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to succinctly summarise data and make concrete recommendations
- Experience delivering topline summaries to C-level executives
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of the finance world and it`s language, or a commercial/contractual background
- Experience working with agile development teams
- Experience working on large scale projects which have successfully delivered business value
Well we don`t like to boast, but our culture is quite unique. We empower intelligent people to make intelligent decisions. We give them the autonomy to experiment and the flexibility to develop ways to provide our customers a simple and personal service. We`re all extremely proud of working here and that shows through the commitment and the passion in everyday life at uSwitch. We don`t believe in hierarchy and we`re not at all corporate. So in a nutshell we`re just what you`re looking for if you want to develop yourself and make a difference.
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted home-related digital platforms including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Hometrack and Property Software Group. Our mission is to provide the most useful resources for consumers when finding, moving or managing their home and be the most effective partner for related businesses.
We help consumers to understand the property and home services comparison markets and make smarter decisions, whilst helping professionals to win more business and operate more effectively. Our multi-brand, multi-channel approach creates a unique and unrivalled proposition with our websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using our services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.