Insurance - Senior Engineer
uSwitch is a leading price comparison website allowing users to compare offers from different providers across a broad range of products - ranging from gas and electricity to mobile phones. The insurance team manages the insurance comparison tools, the largest of these being car insurance. While uSwitch is one of the larger price comparison websites in the UK, the insurance comparison products are relatively small, and we are currently focused on growing our market share.
The team is autonomous and cross functional, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in the way we best see fit. We are able to decide product direction ourselves, trying out new approaches and technologies. This approach allows us to outmanoeuvre our competitors, to deliver new features to the market and to provide customers with the best comparison experience.
Our developers become experts in the insurance domain, with opportunities to regularly interact with external partners and to grow to understand the insurance market as a whole, from regulatory oversight to commercial agreements.
- Polyglot engineerwith a front-end focus
- Comfortable picking up new skills and working outside your comfort zone
- Able to work autonomously, taking ownership of work from inception to deployment
- Comfortable collaborating with other team members to define product direction and strategy.
- Frameworks - Rails, Sinatra
- Web - SASS, HAML
- Databases - Postgres, Redshift, MongoDB
- Operations - AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform