Choosing your health insurance with uSwitch is easy – just fill in your details and we’ll show you a range of the most comprehensive and affordable health insurance policies.
The benefits of private health insurance
The benefits you’ll receive from your private health insurance plan will depend on your level of cover, but in general you’ll be able to:
- Skip NHS waiting lists and receive treatment as and when it’s convenient for you
- Receive fast-track consultations and treatment for short-term medical problems
- Receive private treatment in an NHS or private hospital
What to check before taking out health insurance
Before you complete your health insurance application it’s important to check the following details:
- The level of excess on the policy (the amount you would pay towards a claim)
- Which hospitals you’re able to be treated in
- The types of patient fees covered
- The kinds of additional benefits that may be included
- Whether any particular illnesses and treatments are not covered
*Our health insurance comparison service is provided in partnership with ActiveQuote – call free on 0800 862 0373 to get a quote.