Fior Liza Camilo
1. Shop around – use comparison tools to compare quotes. Only insure what you need – additional extras you don’t need will increase the cost of cover.
2. Have a no claims discount – providers offer a no claims bonus based on the number of years you’ve been driving without making a claim.
3. Pay a larger voluntary excess – the larger you pay up front then the cheaper your premiums are but premiums, but check you can afford the total amount.
4. Fit safety features – an alarm, locks and immobilisers fitted to your van can reduce your premium but check with your insurer first.
5. Pay up front – paying in monthly instalments means you end up paying interest on your insurance. Paying a lump sum annually can save you money.
More than one car? Find out how multi car insurance policies work and if it's right for you. Read our multi car insurance guide to see if you could save.
Black box insurance is a great option to keep the cost of car insurance down if you're looking for a cheap quote. Compare black box telematics car insurance quotes today.
Before you borrow a friend's of relative's car, do you know whether you're insured? Even if you have your own comprehensive car insurance policy, you may not be covered to drive another vehicle.
We've answered common car insurance questions to help you understand what you need and to decide what car insurance is best for you.
Advanced driving course can make you a safer risk to insurers. Find out about the benefits of taking advanced driving and intensive driving courses and what insurance discounts you might get.
Car insurance groups are used by insurers to set premiums. Find out what these groups are, what group your car is in and how this affects your insurance.