Apple has confirmed that its developer site has been hacked. The site was taken down on Thursday of last week, with Cupertino confirming the security breach on Sunday evening.
In an email to its developers, Apple said: “Last Thursday, an intruder attempted to secure personal information of our registered developers from our developer website.
“Sensitive personal information was encrypted and cannot be accessed, however, we have not been able to rule out the possibility that some developers’ names, mailing addresses, and/or email addresses may have been accessed.”
Apple went on to say that it was working to overhaul its developers systems and rebuilding its database.
Furthermore, it said that customers’ information was safe and that the hackers had not been able to access vital app code or the servers where that code is stashed.
It’s not clear yet when the developer site will be up and running again. However, it at least appears that Apple has managed to take action before the breach became more serious.