Having a good credit rating is great, but you may find that you can get even more peace of mind if you check your credit report more frequently – it can not only help you to keep on top of your finances, but it can also protect you from identity theft.
You can check your credit report online with a free 30 day trial of CreditExpert from Experian.
Our top tips for people with a good credit rating:
1. Always check your credit report before you make a new application for credit.
2. Close any credit accounts you no longer use – dormant accounts can have a negative effect on your credit report.
3. Protect yourself from identity fraud – if fraudsters steal your identity and borrow money in your name, it could damage your credit rating.
• Refused credit? – What to do Find out what your next steps are if you’ve been refused credit
• Unused credit cards – Learn about the possible risks behind having too many credit cards
• Get the right credit card for your credit rating – Find out which card is the right match for you