Having a good credit rating is great, but you may find that you can get even more peace of mind if you check your credit report more frequently.
Your credit report can not only help you to keep on top of your finances, but it can also protect you from identity theft.
You can check your credit report online with a free 30 day trial of CreditExpert from Experian.
Our top tips for people with a good credit rating:
1. Always check your credit report before you make a new application for credit.
2. Close any credit accounts you no longer use – dormant accounts can have a negative effect on your credit report.
3. Protect yourself from identity fraud – if fraudsters steal your identity and borrow money in your name, it could damage your credit rating.
• Refused credit? – What to do Find out what your next steps are if you’ve been refused credit
• Unused credit cards – Learn about the possible risks behind having too many credit cards
• Get the right credit card for your credit rating – Find out which card is the right match for you