More details have emerged of exactly what the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update brings to the Samsung Galaxy S3, after the phone-maker started to make it available across Europe late last week.
Landing initially on unlocked versions of the S3, the software bump adds some of the choicest features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the company’s flagship phone. And courtesy of official Samsung blog, Samsung Tomorrow, we’ve now got a full rundown of its bountiful goodies.
As well as the SmartScreen multiple window feature and PaperCamera function that gives snaps a Pop Art sheen of which we already knew, we’re also in line for Camera Best Face. This takes five photos for each image that users snap and enables owners to choose the best face for each person featured in the picture.
Also new is a low-light shot option, an easy mode intended to simplify smartphone usage for rookies and Reader Mode, which enables owners to control the size of the text on their browser and share the page just by touching the screen.
UK networks have yet to announce plans to push out Android 4.1.2 to carrier-branded handsets. However, because tests will have to be carried out to ensure the new software works with their proprietary services and apps, we don’t advise you hold your breath.
As detailed by Samsung, here’s a full list of the features you can expect:
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It's always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don't have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With 'talk back' and 'face detection' on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.