First produced in 1996, the Mercedes CLK is a rear wheel drive, 4-seat luxury coupe
Based on the C Class, the Mercedes CLK is closer in both performance and refinement level to the more expensive E Class. The Mercedes CLK is considered a premium coupe. Find a car insurance quote for your Mercedes CLK with uSwitch.
Mercedes CLK models
The Mercedes CLK is available as both a coupe and cabriolet model. Interior refinement is high quality with the Mercedes CLK cabriolet featuring a remote controlled hood as standard. There are various models, with the Mercedes CLK63 AMG being the top-of-the-range choice.
Mercedes CLK engines and fuel consumption
With a wide variety of engines the Mercedes CLK offers different balances of performance and economy. The 2nd generation Mercedes CLK introduced a diesel engine that can achieve 40+ miles per gallon, nearly twice that of the petrol model.
- petrol engines: from 1.8 to 6.2L
- diesel engines: from 2.1 to 3.0L
Mercedes CLK Euro NCAP safety ratings
The Mercedes CLK hasn’t yet been rated by Euro NCAP but you can expect a safe drive. The Mercedes CLK won the 2007 What Car? Safety award.
Mercedes CLK facts
- The Formula 1 drivers Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonnen both own the Mercedes CLK cabriolet.
- The Mercedes CLK is used as the safety car in Formula 1 races.
- Mercedes C Class Learn more about insuring the C Class Mercedes
- E Class Mercedes Learn more about insuring the E Class Mercedes
- Mercedes S Class Learn more about insuring the S Class Mercedes