First introduced in 1954, the Mercedes S Class range of large sedans is the world’s bestselling flagship sedan range
The name Mercedes S Class stands for Mercedes Sonderklasse, German for special class. Find a car insurance quote for your Mercedes S Class with uSwitch.
Mercedes S Class models
The Mercedes S Class is a 4-door luxury sedan. The latest Mercedes S Class model was introduced in 2013.
Mercedes SLK engines and fuel consumption
With a wide range of engine choices, Mercedes S Class models offer various balances of performance and economy. Depending on the model, you should expect around 20 to 40 miles per gallon from a Mercedes S Class.
- petrol engines: from 2.8 to 6.0L
- diesel engine is 3.0
Mercedes S Class Euro NCAP safety ratings
The Mercedes S Class has not been tested in the Euro NCAP safety tests. However, accident statistics show that the Mercedes S Class is one of the safest cars on the road.
Mercedes S Class facts
- In 1995 a Mercedes S Class “robot car” drove from Munich to Copenhagen without a driver.
- Mercedes Slk Learn more about insuring the Mercedes Slk
- Mercedes E Class Learn more about insuring the E Class Mercedes
- Mercedes C Class Learn more about insuring the C Class Mercedes