Compare car insurance for your Renault Clio with uSwitch
The funkily distinctive Renault Clio was originally launched in 1990 and has since been through several revisions. Consistently popular, the Renault Clio has been among the top superminis since its release, and remains one of Europe’s bestselling cars.
Renault Clio models
The Renault Clio is available as a 3-door or 5-door hatchback, with a dizzying choice of model and interior finish. All Renault Clios have good quality interior and many optional extras. The Clio Renaultsport is the most sporty and powerful Renault Clio model.
Renault Clio engines and fuel consumption
There is a good choice of reliable and economical Renault Clio engines. Economy is good with petrol models and even better with diesels. On the motorway the Renault Clio 1.5Dci can clock up over 60 miles per gallon.
- petrol engines: from 1.1 to 2.0L
- diesel engines: from 1.5 to 1.9L
Euro NCAP safety ratings
The Renault Clio has a superb passenger safety record and scored highly in the Euro NCAP safety tests.
- adult: 5/5
- child: 4/5
- pedestrian: 1/4
Renault Clio facts
- The Renault Clio is well known for its “Va Va Voom” advertising campaign.
- The limited edition Renault Clio Williams is considered by many to be the fastest supermini ever made.
- Renault Megane Learn more about insuring the Megane
- Renault Scenic Learn more about insuring the Renault Scenic
- Renault Twingo Learn more about insuring the Twingo