Vauxhall has produced some of the UK’s bestselling cars, including the Astra and Corsa
Reliable, affordable and practical, Vauxhall now stocks a range of ecoFLEX models, which run on renewable fuel. uSwitch can help you get a cheap car insurance quote for your Vauxhall.
History of Vauxhall
Once manufacturers of pumps and marine engines, Vauxhall moved to building cars at the turn of the 20th century, releasing its first in 1903. It is part of the large General Motors group.
Vauxhall became a serious rival to Ford, releasing a string of its most popular models during the 1970s and 80s. These included the Astra, which is still one if its bestselling models.
Popular Vauxhall models
uSwitch can help you find cheap car insurance quotes for all these models and more:
- Bestselling Vauxhall. The Vauxhall Corsa is the third-bestselling car in the UK in 2014. The Vauxhall Corsa (known as the Opel Corsa elsewhere in Europe) has sold over 18 million units worldwide.
- The environment and Vauxhall. As well as developing fuel cell and biofuel technology, Vauxhall is also making its manufacturing process more eco friendly. The Astra production line is recognised by the Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme.
- Vauxhall Agila Learn more about insuring the Vauxhall Agila
- Vauxhall Astra Learn more about insuring the Vauxhall Astra
- Vauxhall Corsa Learn more about insuring the Corsa