Skip to main content

Business insurance exclusive offer!

Sign up to Superscript's business insurance through Uswitch

First two months free
*T&Cs apply
Powered by
Welcome shop sign

How does it work?

Enter your details

Get a personalised quote in minutes by providing details about you

Review your quote

Review your chosen covers and limits to make sure they’re right for your business

Get set up

Done and dusted in under 10 minutes, with instant access to your documents

Limited time offer!

The Superscript exclusive will be available on Uswitch and until 22 September 2022.

Exclusive offer!

Sign up to Superscript's business insurance through Uswitch
  • Flexible and affordable cover that’s tailored to your business 

  • Your choice of cover, including public liability, employers liability and more

  • Superscript’s easy-to-use and fast service at no extra cost

  • Get fully protected in less than 10 minutes

*T&Cs apply

Superscript business insurance

Uswitch exclusive: Looking to save on business insurance?

Get your first two months business insurance for free!

Powered by

Types of business insurance

Not all businesses require the same range of cover. Some insurance is a legal requirement if you have people working for you. Depending on the type of work you do, your business insurance requirements will vary. 

They could include: 

Employers’ liability insurance

If your business hires employees you’ll need employers’ liability insurance as this is a legal requirement.

Not being covered may result in a fine of up to £2,500 for each day you didn’t have it.

Read more about employers' liability insurance

Public liability insurance

This is worth considering if people come to your premises. Or if your business involves in-person interaction with clients.

You may need this insurance cover in case a member of the public is injured. 

Read more about public liability insurance

Professional indemnity insurance

If you provide professional advice, deliver contracts or services, or offer advice you should consider this type of insurance.

You could be sued for giving the wrong advice. This could be costly and damage reputations.

Read more about professional indemnity insurance

Business contents insurance

In the event that your business contents are damaged or disappear due to: fire, flooding, malicious damage, storm damage or theft, you’ll either be covered for the cost of repairs, or replacement. 

Include all necessary equipment - such as computers, laptops and phones, plus technical machinery, documents and even cash.

Cyber insurance

It provides specialist technical, financial and communications support in the event of a cyber breach, plus compensation costs in the event of a regulatory breach.

From ransomware attacks to accidental privacy breaches, the cost to your business can be devastating. 

D&O insurance

Directors and officers’ insurance, also known as management liability insurance covers claims made personally against company directors and officers, for fines, penalties and legal expenses.

If you’re looking for funding, investors will typically require you to have this cover.

Business woman in shop / workshop

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance, provides cover for legal and compensation costs in relation to a claim made against a business due to injury or property damage inflicted on a non-employee

Employers' liability insurance

Employers’ liability (EL) cover is a legal requirement for any UK business that hires employees, including full-time, part-time, contractors or temporary staff.

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance, or PI insurance, is designed to protect your businesses if a client loses money because of a mistake you made in your professional services.

Travel insurance

Travel insurance is a form of cover to protect you while you are away on holiday or travelling abroad. it can also provide monetary compensation for other loss or inconveniences you may suffer when your travels don't go to plan.