Top broadband internet providers know that when you’re choosing a broadband connection and home phone bundle for your home you want it to be practical, low maintenance and low-cost.
With those criteria in mind, internet service providers (ISPs) have for some time offered bundles that combine broadband and a home telephone line with free calls and low-calling rates.
These deals can often mean much better value and mean you'll get the benefit of a single, easy-to-follow monthly bill.
So what are the best broadband and phone deals, and which cheap phone and broadband offers should you consider? Read on to find out.
Broadband internet and home phone packages & providers:
- BT broadband and home phone deals could be a good option for anyone looking to save money on calls when taking out a home broadband connection. Choose from Infinity fibre broadband and home phone bundles or ADSL broadband deals. Or even add TV to your package.
- TalkTalk broadband and home phone deals offers inclusive UK and international calls, with optional "boosts" or add-ons available to customers wishing to customise their package, as well as the TalkTalk TV.
- AOL Broadband broadband and home phone deals are available on 18 month contracts with inclusive calls at off-peak times as well as anytime call packages.
- Virgin Media broadband and home phone deals include free evening and weekend calls with selected packages. The company also specialises in digital TV and mobile deals.
- Post Office broadband and home phone deals can help drive down the costs of making calls by including line rental in their call plans.
- Sky broadband and home phone deals has a range of landline call packages in addition to its suite of digital TV bundles.
- EE home phone and broadband deals offer cheap and free calls, plus the chance to bundle your home broadband with a superfast 4G mobile phone connection.
In most cases (aside from Virgin Media lines), phone lines are owned by BT. This means that other ISPs pay BT for the right to provide you with their internet and phone connection through the BT network.
Be careful, though, as some ISPs still require you to pay line rental to BT which bumps up the monthly cost. Other providers offer free line rental as an incentive, so watch out for this if you are keen to lower your monthly outgoings with a broadband & home phone deal.
Broadband and home phone packages:
With so many ISPs providing broadband and phone packages, it can be difficult to know where to begin and find not only the cheapest broadband and phone deals, but the best broadband and phone deals. Many consumers prefer to stick with a company that they know, such as the telecommunications giant BT. Choosing BT is often a hassle-free option, particularly if BT is your existing home phone provider.
Moreover, BT provides very competitive phone and broadband deals, with free evening and weekend calls coming as standard even with BT’s cheapest packages.
Beyond BT, the likes of TalkTalk, O2, Virgin Media, AOL, Sky and Orange and many others also offer cheap broadband and phone packages, so it's worth running a phone and broadband comparison.
Considering a BT home phone? Compare BT phone line deals here: BT Phone Lines
Want to see more phone offers? View the best phone deals here: Best Phone Deals
Key features to consider when choosing home phone deals (including talk & voice)
- Cost of landline rental
- Number of free minutes given each month
- Time when free calls apply (evening and weekends or anytime)
- How long are calls free for? First ten minutes or first hour? Know when to hang up
- Do you wish to make mobile and international calls from your landline? If yes, are discounts on these calls available with the home phone package you're looking at?
- Do you really need a landline? How often would you use it?
Cheap broadband internet packages and phone deals from TalkTalk
There are plenty of other ISPs keen to get a piece of the pie and they provide some of the best phone broadband deals for a low cost. If you’re looking for cheap broadband and phone packages then check out TalkTalk, which has positioned itself a 'value' provider and offers competitive broadband speeds with generous download limits while keeping monthly costs down.
Is price a key factor in your broadband decision? Compare the cheapest broadband packages here Cheap Broadband
Short contract home phone deals
Perhaps what you’re looking for in a cheap broadband and phone bundle is the freedom to use the internet and your phone without having to watch out for hidden costs. If so, there are plenty of providers who cater to your needs.
Many packages now include free anytime minutes with broadband, so cheap chatting isn’t restricted to evenings and weekends.
Additionally, certain providers give you the option of unlimited broadband usage, allowing you to access the internet whenever you like, for as long as you like.
What's more, selected broadband suppliers' product ranges include a one-month contract option. This gives you the freedom to try packages for a short time, so if for any reason you’re not satisfied you’re not tied into a long-term contract.
Compare all short contract broadband
Broadband, phone and TV (Virgin Media, BT and Sky)
If you want to minimise the hassle of organising your home communication system, you may find that the broadband whizz kids Virgin Media, BT or Sky are best suited to you.
These ISPs provide high quality, efficient broadband and competitive deals on phone calls. Virgin Media, for example, offers free weekend calls as part of its cheaper packages. And if you upgrade to a Broadband Bundle, you’ll benefit from free evening calls as well.
Sky, BT, TalkTalk and Virgin Media really own this area. What makes these providers an especially good bet are their three-part communication packages which provide digital TV alongside the broadband and phone services.
To find out more about this take a look at our Broadband and TV section.
Broadband phone combinations
But is it really worth hunting for the best phone and broadband deals? Though home phone usage has fallen by the wayside to a great degree since the take-off of mobile phones, there are a number of ways in which using your home phone can save you money.
For instance, if you regularly make international calls it is much cheaper to make calls from your home phone.
In a scenario where you are calling overseas for business or pleasure, TalkTalk's global talk phone broadband bundles are worth considering. Landline and phone deals certainly don't come much more keenly priced.
Even with the advent of widely available fibre broadband services, the majority of internet providers and broadband and phone deals will supply you with your broadband via an ADSL connection.
This means that you access the internet through your existing phone line, so it makes perfect sense to receive your home phone and broadband services from the same provider and get cheap phone and broadband together.
Because of the wide availability of ASDL connections, you’ll be able to opt for this sort of broadband and home phone bundle package wherever you live in the UK.
For more information about what you need for an ADSL broadband connection check out our guide to ADSL broadband - What is ADSL Broadband?.
Compare all ADSL home broadband deals here ADSL broadband
Compare all broadband bundles here Broadband Bundles
Best phone and broadband deals UK
Our site provides all the best broadband and phone deals in the UK, so what are you waiting for? Compare the best broadband and phone packages today and find the best phone and broadband deal for you. The best broadband and phone deals in the UK are at your fingertips.