Cracked screens are the number one claim among iPhone, a study reveals, despite use of much-trumpeted, super robust Gorilla Glass in the latest iteration of Apple’s smartphone.
According to a survey conducted by specialist online gadget insurer protectyourbubble.com, one in five iPhone owners has made an insurance claim on their phone, with splits appearing in the display the most common by some distance.
Also making the top ten were claims for lost of stolen handsets and the perennial favourite of dropping your smartphone in the bath.
Less common were some of the more bizarre claims uncovered by the study, not least: “I dropped it from a hot air balloon." And the-bordering-on-crazy: “I accidentally buried it in the garden."
A spokesman for Protect your bubble said: ‘’With so many people carrying an iPhone with them wherever they go, it’s no surprise that they are being lost or damaged in a host of unusual ways.
“Most of us know someone who has managed to drop their iPhone in a pint of beer or down the toilet – but these bizarre claims we have uncovered must be one-offs.’’
Check out the findings in full below:
TOP 10 MOST BIZARRE IPHONE CLAIMS
- I dropped it from a hot air balloon
- I lost it while sky diving
- It broke when my son used it as a table tennis racket
- I lost it while building a sand castle for the kids
- I accidentally buried it in the garden
- It fell into the kettle
- I dropped it in a food blender
- My dog chewed it to pieces
- Juice from a defrosting piece of meat leaked into it
- It flew out of the car window
TOP 10 MOST COMMON IPHONE CLAIMS
- Cracked screen
- Stolen while texting
- Couldn't hear the other person when making a call
- Leaving phone on the car roof so it falls off when driving
- Pet knocked the phone off the surface
- Stolen from handbag
- Internet connection completely broken
- iPhone doesn't charge
- Dropped in the bath / toilet 10 Screen freezes