Sony Ericsson has delayed the Android 2.1 update for the Xperia X10 and the Mini and Pro variants, it has been confirmed.
The update was originally due to be pushed out this month. However, the phone maker has now announced a delay to the rollout, meaning that it will now not arrive until the end of October.
Sony Ericsson said it had been forced to postpone the update to “spend some additional time on the software to really make sure we roll out with the right quality and user experience”.
The phone maker added: “When it comes to what to expect from the updated software all three X10 models will be updated to Android 2.1 and the Xperia X10 will also get HD video recording with continuous auto focus among many other things.”
According to the Sony Ericsson, these are the new features that users of the X10 and its smaller cousins can expect when Android 2.1 arrives:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
Was this article helpful?