The road to cheaper car insurance starts here
Our service is simple and speedy - compare car insurance quotes in just a few minutes
We compare quotes from leading UK insurers
What you’ll need to have ready before you start
Before you start to compare car insurance quotes, you’ll need to be able to tell us:
- Your car registration number – if you don’t have it to hand, simply click 'find a car'
- Your expected annual mileage figures
- Where your car’s parked during the day and night
- What you use your car for, e.g. commuting, business use
- Your main driving licence details
Compare car insurance deals with uSwitch
uSwitch is a free, impartial comparison and switching service – we’re not affiliated to any one insurer and we’ll only ask you for information that will help us get you the most accurate possible quotes.
How to cut your car insurance costs
There are a number of different things you can do to help cut the cost of your car insurance premium, including:
- Paying a higher voluntary excess (the extra amount you’d pay in the event of a claim)
- Limiting who drives your car to just yourself, or you plus a named driver
- Parking your car in a garage or driveway away from the street
- Keeping your mileage low (doing less than the AA average of 12,000 miles a year for new cars)
- Fitting a security device such as an alarm, tracker, or immobiliser
For more ideas on how to reduce your insurance costs, read our car insurance guides .