Compare car insurance quotes for your BMW 5 Series car with uSwitch
The BMW 5 series launched in 1972 and is considered to be the class leader in mid-size executive cars. In its 7th revision, the BMW 5 series has a strong reputation for ride, handling, elegant design and quality finish. By 2008 over 5 million BMW 5 series had been sold.
BMW 5 Series models
Available both as saloon and estate, the BMW 5 series offers choice and space. There’s a wide choices of interior equipment and refinement. The BMW 5 Series M Sport is a particularly high-specification model.
BMW 5 Series engines and fuel consumption
The BMW 5 Series offers plenty of engine options but like other models in its class, it’s not built for economy. The most economical petrol model (the BMW 520) only manages 25 to 30 miles per gallon. Diesel models offer a modest increase.
- petrol engines: from 2.2 to 4.4L
- diesel engines: from 2.5 to 3.0L
Euro NCAP safety ratings
The BMW 5 Series’ strong body offers great protection for passengers.
- adult: 4/5
- child: 4/5
- pedestrian: 1/4
BMW 5 Series facts
- The BMW 5 Series has won numerous awards including Car of the Year, Prestige Car of the Year and Luxury Car of the Year.
- The BMW 5 Series cars are widely used in Europe as Police interceptor vehicles.
- Bmw 1 Series Learn more about insuring the 1 Series Bmw
- Bmw 7 Series Learn more about insuring the 7 Series Bmw
- Bmw Z Series Learn more about insuring the Bmw Z Series