The Toyota Prius is Toyota’s flagship mid size hybrid car
Following its worldwide release in 2001 the Toyota Prius has won many plaudits for its low emissions and fuel consumption without compromising on style or performance. Compare car insurance quotes for your Toyota Prius with uSwitch.
Toyota Prius models
The Toyota Prius has four available models, the T3, T4, T spirit, and the Prius Plug-in Hybrid. All Toyota Prius models share the same 5 door hatchback body and 1.5L petrol engine (except for the Plug-in model), and differ only in interior specifications.
Toyota Prius engines and fuel consumption
All three Toyota Prius petrol models share the same hybrid 1.5L petrol engine. The combination of electric and petrol power produce a quoted fuel economy of 65 miles per gallon.
Euro NCAP safety ratings
The Toyota Prius was the first hybrid vehicle to be tested by euro NCAP and scored highly.
- adult: 5/5
- child: 4/5
- pedestrian: 2/4
Toyota Prius facts
- A racing version of the Toyota Prius took class pole position and finished sixth at the 2012 Fuji GT 500km.
- Because of its low emissions the Toyota Prius is exempt from the London Congestion Charge.
- Toyota Rav4 Learn more about insuring the Rav4
- Toyota Yaris Learn more about insuring the Yaris
- Car insurance For Your Toyota Learn more about insuring your Toyota