closedownarrowexternal-linklogo-verticalmenu-barsearch Skip to main content
  1. uSwitch.com
  2. News
  3. 2013
  4. July
  5. Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes, gives owner third-degree burns

Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes, gives owner third-degree burns

Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes, gives owner third-degree burns

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is today implicated in another one of those ‘exploding smartphone' stories, joining pretty much every generation of iPhone and earlier Galaxy S handsets in a fast-expanding club.

Today’s report comes from Swiss teenager Fanny Schlatter, who claims to have suffered third-degree burns after the Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in her trouser pocket.

samsung galaxy s3 exploded

According to French-language newspaper Le Matin, Fanny was alerted to the situation by a loud bang and within seconds was fighting off shoulder-high flames from her combusting smartphone. Dramatic, no?

The 18-year-old, who claims that she now has no feeling in her thigh and said she smelled like a “burnt pig” during the accident, has announced plans to pursue legal action against Samsung.

Her complaint follows similar cases involving combusting Galaxy S3 phones from earlier this year.

Samsung has acknowledged the problem, which it’s thought related to phone’s battery, and has promised to carry out an investigation.

Source:

Le Matin

Sign up for updates

Join our email list to get the inside line on the latest phones and money-saving offers. And we’ll help you make informed buying decisions with handset reviews and consumer guides too.

Latest news:

Sign up for updates

Join our email list to get the inside line on the latest phones and money-saving offers. And we’ll help you make informed buying decisions with handset reviews and consumer guides too.

back to top