closedownarrowlogo-verticalmenu-barsearch Skip to main content
Jump to navigation
Tiscali news

A new survey on broadband and internet trends has revealed that new video on demand services such as BBC's iPlayer are proving hugely popular.

The annual Tiscali TV Trends report found that more than a third of internet users are now watching programmes on demand regularly through web media players, twice as many as last year.

New web TV services such as the BBC iPlayer, ITV.com, 4oD and Joost, allow internet users to stream or download television programmes and films at a time of their choosing.

According to Tiscali, more than 3.5 million programmes have been streamed or downloaded on demand via the BBC iPlayer since Christmas Day, with Doctor Who, Extras and Top Gear being most popular.

The survey found that 62 per cent of those viewing on-demand content are doing so on their television, while the remaining 38 per cent are watching on a PC.

Compare broadband and digital TV packages here.

Join the conversation

comments powered by Disqus

Stay up to date

  • Google+ Follow uSwitchTech
  • Subscribe to our RSS feed

Latest Comments

  • Dave 14 hours ago TalkTalk CEO reads 'awful'... Didn't have Internet access for 2 month 1st engineer didn't turn up down to broken down van day of...
  • Patricia.Green.92 2 days ago Scientists use infra-fed to make... I was paid 104000 bucks past year by doing an on-line task furthermore I was able to do it by w­orking in...
  • Amy.Mercado 2 days ago Sky Q customers to get F1 races... I was paid 104000 dollars last 12 months by doing an online job moreover I was able to do it by w­orking...

Search news