Sky Q subscribers will be able to watch the latest blockbuster movies and live Premier League football in 4K (UltraHD) from next month.
The 4K service will be available to Sky Q Silver customers with a higher-end set top box at no extra charge from August 13th.
Programmes can either be watched live or viewed via the Sky Store or Sky Q's On Demand service, with highlights including:
- 124 live Premier League games, including defending champions Leicester City's first game of the season against Hull City.
- More than 70 movies, including the world premiere of Spectre in 4K.
- 30 hours of natural history and documentaries, including David Attenborough’s Conquest of the Skies, Richard Hammond's Jungle Quest and Story of God with Morgan Freeman.
- Five new dramas including the latest season of The Blacklist and The Young Pope, which stars Jude Law.
- Every Formula 1 race in 2017.
- Sky's biggest ever library of movies, including the likes of Forrest Gump, Zoolander, The Da Vinci Code, Minority Report, Jerry Maguire and the Spider-Man trilogy.
- More than 30 rental movies in the Sky Store including the Men In Black and Ghostbusters box sets.
- 4K movie themed collections including Oscar winners, Blockbusters, Action and Drama.
- Music programmes including Blur live in concert and comedy such as The Trip to Spain with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Director of TV & Content Products at Sky, commented: “With Sky Q, we created the world’s best TV experience.
"Now with the introduction of an unrivalled line-up of Ultra HD TV, the service is going to get even better, truly enhancing customers’ viewing experience. So whether you’re a football fan, movie buff, natural history enthusiast or drama junkie, customers looking for the next-generation of TV viewing will love it."
Sky Q was launched February this year and enables viewers to watch TV across a range of devices more seamlessly than ever before.
Sky Q offers so-called Fluid Viewing to consumers, as they can watch live, recorded and on-demand shows on their main Sky Q box or another TV or tablet.
Furthermore, users will be able to resume shows on different devices and save recordings on their tablets, so they can access them while on the move.
The cheapest packages cost in the region of £42 a month, although premium packages containing sports and movie channels cost around £100.